Sunday, July 10, 2011

Never saw it coming...

I few weeks ago my sweet friend Whitney and I were catching up... I absolutely treasure these talks. She always has her hand in something cool or stylish or yummy. Everyone needs a Whitney... or two... or four! Well anyway, her husband's birthday was coming up and I was on pins and needles to hear what fabulous things she had planned. Much to my surprise, she said it was going to be a low key thing because Ty wasn't a big birthday person and was really jonesing for this cooler. A cooler... um OK? Like the thing you put beer and fish in? (I don't even slightly pretend to understand the mind of a man). Well, that's sounds good. She said, "well it's not just a cooler, it's a a YETI". A "Yeti", right, I think I know what that is? Well tell Ty we love him and Happy Birthday!

MAYBE, a week later... We were so blessed to be able to spend the 4th with some dear friends in Clay's home town. In prep for the big weekend we had food, drinks, etc. Whoops! We threw out the cooler after the last fishing trip, nothing to transport all this stuff. In retrospect this is the part of the story I should have gone to Wal-mart and picked up a nice $20 IGLOO cooler. But no, I send my charming husband out on the task. He was so thoughtful to bring home a huge, expensive, bear proof cooler that will keep ice solid for a week. Seriously?!?!? I would have loved to get really steamed but I haven't seen him that excited since he got his new truck almost four years ago! He actually read the entire instruction manual and spent an hour on the YETI website. It was really cute. And even though I lost my shopping budget for July, I have a freezer for ice and there are no bears in West Texas, I am really glad he splurged on himself. But I will say this... that cooler is staying in our house no matter how ridiculous it looks. If it gets stolen, it is NOT getting replaced!

Love you Claybear

If you need a gift idea for the men in your life.. check them out here.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! :-) We got one with our monogram on it for our wedding and LOVE it! :-) I promise, it will come in handy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. our boys have similar interests. we went to look at Yeti coolers a couple of months ago. Billy has been dying to get one, haven't gotten around to it but little does he know that he is getting one for his xmas present. he is obsessed with these, so he will be so excited.

    ReplyDelete