Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Change


My Mom always reminds me the twenties are all about change. If you are in them I don't have to explain that to you. New relationships, new jobs, new towns... it goes on and on. I came across this adorable shadow box in the blogosphere and had to share it! I wish I had thought of this for my first paycheck, my first apartment out of college or the first place Clay and I lived. Maybe someday I will do this when we get our first house. But I thought it was so sweet. I am so guilty of worrying and stressing over the little things and forgeting to be present and thankful for all the blessings of today. Click on the image above to take you to this easy keepsake and the adorable blog Young House Love.

Some quotes I h.e.a.r.t. on change:

In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.
Leo Tolstoy

 If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine.
Morris West

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
Abraham Lincoln

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
Chinese Proverb 

What t.h.e. b.i.b.l.e. says about being "present":

Matthew 6:34 (The Message)

34"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment