Sunday, May 1, 2011

I won, I won!








I am so honored to win a "Versatile Blogger Award" from my sweet bloggy friend Elizabeth! She is always inspiring me with her kind words, encouraging stories and fantastic recipes. Check out her beautiful words here:



When receiving this award the rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who awarded you
2. Share 7 facts about yourself
3. Pass on the award to 7 new-found blog friends
4. Let your friends know they were awarded!

S.E.V.E.N. things you should know about me.

O.N.E.
I am the oldest of F.I.V.E.
We all have F.O.U.R. names.

Taylor Allison Olivia (Weitzel) Arrington (26)
John Mason Christian Weitzel (24)
Larsen Aubree Meriweather Weitzel (21)
Chappel 'Chaps' Spencer Nelson Weitzel (16)
Courtlandt 'Court' Hamilton Sharpe Weitzel (14)

T.W.O.
I love old garden-esque cemeteries. Not in a morbid way! I love admiring the old stones and reading epitaphs. They are also a peaceful place to remind us what we look forward to as Christians (nobody is really there). 

Revelation 21:4 (King James Version)

 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


T.H.R.E.E.
I am a card carrying member of the Teamsters Union.
In a lapse of judgement, I decided I was not going back to college one summer. My dad was happy to help me find a job with some of his clients loading trucks at UPS. Two weeks later I was happily exstatically enrolled and driving to Baylor University.

F.O.U.R.
I debuted into the Dallas Symphony Orchestra League in 2005...
and the National Debutante Cotillion in 2006.

F.I.V.E.
I attended half the schools in the Big 12 South:
University of Oklahoma- tennis team
Baylor University- for a change
Texas Tech University- Nursing School
I hated OU, liked Baylor and LOVED TECH!
In Lubbock I found myself, my best friends, my husband and my God.

S.I.X.
I told my best friend I would marry my husband before we actually met.
We made it official in San Antonio, Texas June 13, 2008.
Our guests threw tortillas instead of rice- an old Texas Tech alumni tradition.
He completed my heart.

S.E.V.E.N.
Valentines Day is my favorite holiday.
I have made handmade valentines for friends and family as long as I can remember.
I already know what my valentine will be in 2012!


S.E.V.E.N. people you cannot miss.

O.N.E.
365 days of custom inspiration boards on pop culture, faith and family.

T.W.O.
An artist's perspective on faith, family and juggling it all.

T.H.R.E.E.
An inspiring journey of weight loss from a christian perspective.

F.O.U.R.
A former party planner and mommy catalogues latest party trends and tips.

F.I.V.E.
A blog filled with encouragement, humor and DIY crafts.

S.I.X.
Cataloguing everything in vogue around the state of Texas.

S.E.V.E.N.
I am always inspired by her words on faith, family and everything else.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! I am so glad I came to your blog because I just figured out who you are!!! LOL. I saw you comment a couple of times and the name was so familiar to me :) This is really sweet. You have a fascinating story so I look forward to reading your blog!

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. i was a deb in houston! 2. thanks for your sweet words 3. can't wait to visit these other blogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! you are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete