Friday, April 15, 2011

Mudroom

Love this boot rack!

I am not really sure why, but I have house planning on my mind this last week. Odd... usually I walk around party planning...
We aren't getting one.
Nor are we for a while.

No matter, I couldn't help but share one of my favorite things about country houses today- the mudroom! This is a little odd considering me and mud are not really friends. But I guess the best way to describe it is:

{A place between the garage and living areas or room just inside front/ back door to disrobe if covered in cow patties, take off your muddy/ wet shoes, boots and hang jackets, overalls and (cowboy) hats; usually have a bench and a boot jack}

Sidebar-Yes a boot jack! I didn't spell that wrong city friends. It is this amazing device where you can get your boots off without having to bend down and hop around on one leg while trying to pull. I think I could do I whole post on my love for boot jacks... another day.

Even if someone's home is spotless and entertaining ready, the mudroom is usually the same as always. A little messy, a little unorganized, a lot of character. But isn't that how we are in life? Sometimes I like to just sit there and watch Clay's family stagger in as the shred layers of coats, hats and boots and emerge a little lighter and a little cleaner, leaving behind the day. It may have something to do with the heated floors in that rooms too... and all the cute (I mean manly) cowboy gear...

I wish there was such thing as an emotional mudroom sometimes. How different would life be if you left all "dirt" from the day at the door and your home was like this...

Ephesians 4:29
Good News Translation
Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you.

PS- Couldn't find a good picture of a mudroom... all the ones I found were clean and Martha's vineyard looking... defeats the whole purpose :( I guess you will just have imagine until I can get to the ranch to take a pic

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Taylor!!!! I'm your newest follower...

    I turned into one of those "older people with a dog" that we take everywhere. Don't ever say "never." HA!

    ReplyDelete