Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday Dilemma

I was reading one of my favorite blogs today {P is for Partyhere, and she touched on something I am always curious about. Every year June comes and goes and I have the same internal conflict...
Is it tacky to plan your own birthday party?
I have historically checked the "yes" column, and passively left celebrating until someone else brings it up. But I have also been to some really fun parties where the host was the birthday girl? I went to one of my favorite websites, Emily Post's Etipedia, and as always found a lot of jewels, but nothing on this topic. I did love this quote...

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use."
-Emily Post
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love Emily Post! And I know what you mean, girl! I say just do it! :-) Who cares! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hosting my own party this year. While I would prefer someone else to throw it, I am the party planner. I think it's totally ok!

    ReplyDelete