Thursday, April 14, 2011

Remembering breakfast

Clay left on a fishing trip this morning and I am off to work for a few days (nights). If I was better prepared I would have cooked something cute like this... instead we ended up at IHOP.
I absolutely treasure breakfast with my husband. Its our little thing. I work nights, he lives a busy "day" life. Breakfast is the time of the day where we seem to have two seconds to meet in the middle. I am in a good mood because thank goodness I am done and he is in a good mood because he is one of those odd morning people. We talk about the day, my night, Leno, the dogs, the weather, whatever... some of my best memories over the past few years are over cheerios and coffee. And whats funny about is it's never the time for big decisions or "talking" it's just random, simple thoughts where I fall in love with him all over again. I also love that he only really eats breakfast so he can spend some time with me. He will here or there, but generally he just drinks some coffee and waits til lunch.

Breakfast was special when I was a kid too. On Saturday mornings Mom would sleep in and me and my Dad would sneak away to a different breakfast place each week. Sometimes we would ride bikes or walk if it was nice. I think when I was young I would look forward to it all week- my little date with Dad.

They say one of the habits if healthy people is not skipping breakfast; I know that has been true for me.

1 comment:

  1. Nate LOVES breakfast too! :-) and we both LOVE going out to eat for breakfast! :-)

    ReplyDelete