Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Light and bright

I have two goals for the new house.

Light & bright.

I have been afraid of color for a long time. Our house, though warm, is various shades of brown, creme, navy and grey. It is time to take a turn and lighten up things a bit. I have updated a few of our own things like this dresser below with Valspar 'Wythe Blue' (love) and a few new handles. But I have also started thrifting. I kinda started out of necessity, but now I'm having so much fun!




This day lily chandelier is an antique I have had my eye on for a while. Since it had not sold for a few months the dealer agreed to come off a little. Score! I cant wait to hang it over the kitchen table.





I got this white vintage lamp at a resale store for $3 after a discount, yes :) Now to just find a shade? Ideas?




Some of my favorite finds have been old cotton sheets or pillowcases. After being washed so many times they are soft as silk :)




Also, I have my eye on a new project. Today on A Beautiful Mess they showed a picture of Elsie's homemade dining room table. Though the colors are not my taste, I love the idea of having different sizes/ shaped dining room chairs and tying together with the same paint color. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment