Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Afternoon Coffee


Mom if you drink her last diet coke... a true Texas soul.

I come by a diet coke addiction genetically. Do not drink the last coke has been a mantra in the Weitzel household since I was a little girl. If mom went to that refigerator and could not find her little can of happy in a world of chaos we were ALL going to hear about it. And not much has changed in twenty years. Most of my siblings just steer clear of diet coke all together but somewhere between elementary school and high school I think I stopped drinking it because it was there and actually started liking it. By the time I got pregnant with Hunt I was drinking several a day and sadly every baby book suggested no caffeine. Ugh, really... I already feel so. fabulous. 

We won't talk about that love.ly. nine months but by the time it was over I actually didn't crave it like I used to and it did not give me that energy kick I remember. Stronger. What is stronger... and legal?

Well choking my way through my first glass and many thereafter, I discovered coffee. And what a joy it has become. It helps me get going in the morning and recharge in the afternoon. Yes you read that right afternoon.

I always wondered who was at starbucks in the afternoon growing up? Afternoon coffee is probably one of my top five tips for weight loss success. It resurges your energy level, curbs sugar cravings (mine are worst in late afternoon and evening) and even gives you a little metabolism pickup! Assuming you have drunk plenty of water during the day, it also helps to drink it before a workout for a little boost... and the cardiac nurse in me must mention it helps prevent heart disease!!!!

For you "no thanks" coffee peeps believe me, I understand how disguisting this sounds! BUT just try afternoon (black or with equal) coffee for one week and see if the scale shows the results! You have done crazier things... no?

For new coffee drinkers, Starbucks has a new blend called "blonde"; it is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment