Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dreaming of Party

Check out this ADORABLE party on Cookie Mondays, a modern twist on a party my mom did for me when I was this girl's age (no really go check it out, one picture cannot do it justice). I still remember it- the hats, the aprons, the messiness of it all. I think there is just something about littles cooking that is so precious! Oh how I wish I was born in the digital age so I could show you. Is it weird that minus the milk I would love to have this party again... now?!?! Attn: cupcake liner garland- WOW!

Speaking of WOW... Clay asked me one time in a marathon "stare at the stars" kind of convo what it would look like to me if we 'made it' (for ex. cars, dream house, dream wardrobe, travel, etc.). For me: I will totally know we have 'made it' when I get my party planning budget! How nice life will be when every year I can have "X" amount of dollars set aside to have all the parties I want... ahhh. I could go on and on about this, but when I have it I am planning a party where I can get one of these- Merry Maps.



This is one of my favs, but click on the pic to go to her AMAZING portfolio...
  
Meet Daley Harris. As far back as middle school I can remember her doodling beautiful lettering and pictures in English class and now, years later, her talent has blossomed into an amazing business! She makes custom, hand-lettered and illustrated maps of... anywhere you want. Her work is pure eye candy, I want one of her maps so bad! I wish we would have know about her for my wedding. If you are having an event- check her out, you won't be sorry! Or if you're like me, just check it out to gush... oh, and if you are having her do a map for your your party- will you invite me please?

1 comment: